The last recipe I posted was the ‘Tau Eu Bak’ (Soy SauceBraised Pork) recipe. Along with it, I also made this steamed cabbage to make the meal complete with some vegetables. So if you are also making the soy sauce braised pork, this can be made a few minutes before the braised pork is ready. As cabbage and carrots are naturally sweet vegetables, only minimal seasoning was needed to enhance it so its natural flavour could shine on its own.
Steamed Cabbage and Carrots
- ½ head of cabbage
- 2 small carrots (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 tbs water (or more)
- Dash of soy sauce and sesame oil to taste
1. Wash and roughly cut the cabbage into big chunks.
2. On a hot pan of medium heat, pour a little oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant.
3. Place the carrots and cabbage into the pan then add about 3 tbs of water, cover and let them steam until vegetables are slightly softened.