2012 will the past in a few more days. So for those of you having a New Years Eve party, this rich and creamy cheesecake will make a delight addition. It is very simple to make and ingredients are easily available. Although it takes an hour to bake in the oven, it takes only a few minutes to whip up all the ingredients so there is minimum stress. The star to this cheesecake is really the vanilla. So use the best vanilla pod you have. I used the vanilla pod my friend brought back from his Madagascar trip so I was lucky. Remember to store your quality vanilla pod in an air tight container cause the last thing you need is a dried out vanilla pod.
Little work for maximum pleasure. It melts in the mouth and tastes like vanilla heaven.
Vanilla Cheesecakeadapted from Foodbeam
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 90g butter, melted
- 20g dark muscovado sugar
- 300g cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 150g sugar
- 2 eggs
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 140°C . (Depending on the heat of your oven, never have it higher than 170°C)
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix in the melted butter and dark muscovado sugar until well combine.
- Gently press the biscuits with the back of a spoon onto the lined 18cm cake tin.
- Refrigerate the base.
- Whisk the cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, eggs and vanilla pod until consistent.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and bake in a bain-marie for an hour or until just set.
- Allow to cool and chill in the fridge for at least four hours.
- Run a hot spatula or knife round the edges of the cheesecake to remove from its tin.
- To serve, cut and decorate the cheesecake with raspberries and mint leaves.