PAN CON TOMATE (SPANISH-STYLE TOAST WITH TOMATO) RECIPE
- 5 slices of baguette
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- 2 vine-ripen tomato (grated)
- 5 basil leaves (sliced)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- sea salt & ground black pepper
- salad leaves
- Slice the baguette, as many as you please but the ingredients above are for about five slices.
- Toast the baguette.
- While the baguette slices are being toasted, grate the tomatoes into a bowl.
- Mix the grated tomatoes with basil leaves and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Cut the garlic clove into half and rub on to the toasts.
- Spoon the seasoned grated tomato onto the toast and serve with salad leaves on the side.
- Use good quality olive oil and tomato.
- You can always add some ham on the toasts if you cannot live without meat.