Below is a step by step compilation of images and further down are the ingredients and methods.
Recipe: Seafood Stick Tortilla Cup
- 2 tortilla wrap
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 long sweet pepper (chopped)
- 200g seafood stick
- 4 tbs mayonnaise
- 10 basil leaves (tear)
- juice of 1 small lime
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the tortilla wraps into quarters. Push each quarter into the ramekins / muffin tray.
- Slice the shallots and place them in the tortilla cups.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until tortilla cups are brown and crispy.
- When the tortilla cups are ready, leave it to cool.
- While waiting for the cups to bake, fork or tear the seafood sticks into long strips. You can also cut them with a knife, whichever way you prefer.
- Mix the seafood stick strips, chopped peppers, basil leaves, lime juice and mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well.
- Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then season with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a quick stir.
- Slice the avocados and arrange them in the tortilla cups. Top it up with a generous amount of the crab stick mix.
- Decorate it with basil leaves and they are ready to serve.
- You can substitute the seafood stick with crab meat, tuna, pieces of chicken or even minced pork. Be creative, cooking is suppose to be fun.
- This is also a quick and pretty party food.