Grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream and kaya honey drizzle
In the meantime, there's something exciting for you! Warm grilled peaches and cold ice cream for your summer dessert. Who can resist such a mouth watering dessert with minimal effort. All you need to do is pop those peaches in the oven while you're having your meal. In my case, it was breakfast. Yes!! Dessert after an exciting breakfast of bacon cream cheese filled french toast with cubed chorizo and tomatoes on the side. Even M missed his training for the dessert :p See how much impact dessert has on people. Hope you enjoy this treat.
Bacon cream cheese filled french toast with chorizo
Recipe: Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice cream and Kaya Honey Drizzle
Adapted from Isa Chandra's recipes
For the Grilled Peaches:
- 2 ripe peaches
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
For the Kaya Honey drizzle:
- 1/2 tbs hot water
- 1 tbs kaya
- 1 tbs honey
- tiny pinch of salt
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the grill to 200°C.
- Cut the peaches in half, twist gently to remove from seed. Coat the halved peaches with lemon juice and oil.
- Place the peaches cut side down and grill for 1o minutes. (This depends on how ripe your peaches are)
- While waiting for the peaches, boil some hot water and mix 2 tbsp of hot water with the salt. Make sure the salt has been melted and stir in the kaya and honey. Set aside to cool.
- When the peaches are ready, flip them and grille for a further 2 minutes to soften. When ready, take them out of the grill and let it cool slightly so it is just warm and of a good temperature to not burn your tongue.
- Scoop some vanilla ice cream and serve with a generous amount of the kaya honey drizzle.
- Remember to leave to kaya and honey drizzle to cool, as well as the peach to a warm consistency.
This is what happens when you put hot peach and warm sauce on your ice cream