Traditionally, this recipe is to make Pie Tee (top hats). The ingredients usually calls for Yam bean but I have altered the recipe with ingredients that are easily available in the supermarket here. So yam bean has been substituted with swede. Of course, you can use the original ingredient of Yam bean if you can get it at your nearest supermarket.
Cup Julienne / Pie Tee Recipe
- Vegetable oil
- 20 wonton skin / wrapper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 300g yam bean / jicamma (julienne) *I used swede
- 2 large carrots (julienne)
- 1/2 caup water
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- spring onion (thinly sliced)
- fried shallots
- Yam bean / jicama is a little difficult to get in London so if you are unable to get it near you, substitute with swede. It tastes as good.
- Wonton skin can also be substituted with filo pastry.